It took about 15-20 minutes to get to Mount Rushmore from Rapid City.
Parking: $10.00 The pass gets you into the park for one year. If you don’t want to pay to park, you can drive through the National Forest, and see Mount Rushmore from the road. there is a little cafe that serves coffee, beer, wine, ice cream, salads, and sandwiches.
- Devils Tower National Monument: 2.5 Hours from Mount Rushmore
- Rapid City: 30 Minutes from Mount Rushmore
- Badlands: 1.5 Hours from Mount Rushmore. Beautiful and a must see.
- Jewel National Monument Cave: 1 hour from Mount Rushmore
- Wind Cave National Park: 1.25 hours from Mount Rushmore
Not on this Map
Crazy horse: Very close– Google search indicates 26 minutes away from Mount Rushmore.
- Keystone: It is about three miles from Mount Rushmore, and has food, lodging, ice cream, souvenirs
Finished the visit off with ice cream & headed down to keystone.
First stop in Keystone: The National Presidential Wax Museum
It’s around $10.00 for a self-guided audio tour.
- takes about an hour to an hour and a half to complete
- Can walk through in five minutes, however
- Museum is open from the Middle of March until October 31
- The hours are 9-5 until memorial day, and are 9-8 thereafter